Interested in learning more about performing during Make Music Philly? Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to join the celebration! The event is an all-ages, all-inclusive celebration of music, so whether you’re in a band, a solo artist, a child, a senior, a saxophonist or a thereminist, there’s a spot for you to perform!
A Make Music Philly venue can be a anything and anywhere. Last year we hosted shows at breweries, retail stores, a recording studio, restaurants and churches. Any corner of the city can become a backdrop for live music, from sidewalks to your front stoop to a busy SEPTA stop… you name it!
EVEN MORE 2018 Mass Appeal Events are coming soon!
You can look forward to some great events like…
- Bucket Drum Jam, sponsored by Vic Firth, hosted at Dilsilvestro Playground (15th & Morris)
- Spice Girls Pop-Up Choir performance of Wannabe at Passyunk Singing Fountain (E. Passyunk & 11th)
- Percussion Jam & Cymbal Jungle, sponsored by Zildjian, at Bainbridge Green (5th & Bainbridge)
- Uke Night, accessories from Kala and songbooks from Alfred hosted by South Street Ukulele Club at BridgeSet Sounds (South Street)
- Harmonica Huddle, sponsored by Hohner Harmonicas at Shakespeare Memorial Park At the Free Library of Philadelphia
- Christ Church Park Evening Bluegrass Jam, hosted by Philly Bluegrass (2nd & Market)
- Free Lunchtime Percussion Workshops at 12pm & 1pm, taught by Karen L. Smith at Philadelphia Folksong Society (Roxborough)
Please Note: If you wish to utilize park space controlled by the Department of Parks & Recreation, a permit must be obtained through their special events office. The contact number is 215-685-0060, and a copy of the permit application can be found here.
If you wish to close a portion of a city sidewalk for a performance area, a permit must be obtained through the Streets Department Right-of-Way Unit. The contact number is 215-686-5501/5502, and a copy of the Equipment Placement Application can be found here.