Interested in learning more about performing during Make Music Philly? Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to join the celebration! The event is an all-ages, all-inclusive celebration of music, so whether you’re in a band, a solo artist, a child, a senior, a saxophonist or a thereminist, there’s a spot for you to perform!
A Make Music Philly venue can be a anything and anywhere. Last year we hosted shows at breweries, retail stores, a recording studio, restaurants and churches. Any corner of the city can become a backdrop for live music, from sidewalks to your front stoop to a busy SEPTA stop… you name it!
2017 Mass Appeal Events are coming soon!
Some events we are currently working on…
- Drum Jam & Cymbal Jungle, sponsored by Zildjian, hosted by the Philly Drum Project
- Uke Night, accessories from Kala and songbooks from Alfred hosted by BridgeSet Sounds
- Harmonica Jam, sponsored by Hohner Mass Appeal Harmonicas
- Accordion Hour, sponsored by Liberty Bellows and the National Accordion Association at Headhouse Shutters
- Street Studios, located at Broad Street Ministries and the Franklin Institute.
- Rittenhouse Bluegrass Jam
Please Note: If you wish to utilize park space controlled by the Department of Parks & Recreation, a permit must be obtained through their special events office. The contact number is 215-685-0060, and a copy of the permit application can be found here.
If you wish to close a portion of a city sidewalk for a performance area, a permit must be obtained through the Streets Department Right-of-Way Unit. The contact number is 215-686-5501/5502, and a copy of the Equipment Placement Application can be found here.